FULL TIME and 0.8 PART TIME
- Are you looking for the next step in your career as an occupational therapist?
- Do you want to be part of a truly collaborative multidisciplinary team?
- Are you compassionate, creative and flexible?
- Are you well organized, have excellent interpersonal skills and have at least 6 months experience working with children ages 2-18 years with differing abilities?
If so, we would love to talk with you about how you may fit with the progressive vision at To the Stars Wellness Centre.
Our team culture is built on innovation, creativity and fun. We want our team members to be able to explore new ideas while feeling supported personally and professionally. Experience and training in pediatrics, mental health, trauma informed practice and sensory processing would be a definite asset.
Our office is located in Lacombe AB. We provide home and school based services throughout Central Alberta. To the Stars Wellness Centre is a growing company with a commitment to provide creative and effective services to children and families.
We currently have two positions available. One position will be school based and the other will combine school and clinic based services.
This position would offer:
- A strong and experienced team to collaborate with. We currently provide occupational therapy, speech language pathology and psychology services through our centre.
- Competitive wages (with options to subcontract)
- Extended health care and benefits
- Professional development support
- A strong working relationship with other private and publicly funded programs in our area
- Some flexibility in your work schedule
- The ability to take your practice to the next level by facilitating groups and offering workshops to schools and parents.
- Assessment and occupational therapy consultation to schools from prekindergarten through to grade 12
- Provision of occupational therapy services as part of a specialized services team through FSCD
- Provision of clinic based consultation and direct therapy to children, teens and families.
- Assessment, treatment and consultation services to children within the centre in a family focused approach
- Travel to schools and homes within Central Alberta
- Planning and facilitation of inclusive children’s wellness programs
- Provision of online services for direct therapy, consultation and course development
- Documentation and maintenance of client care records and statistics
- Planning and facilitation of parent and professional workshops and training
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (Bachelors or Masters)
- Registered and in good standing with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Pediatric experience preferred but not a requirement
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Full time hours: 35-40 hours per week
Application deadline: August 15, 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Our centre is exceeding the current precautions for COVID 19 with electrostatic sprayer cleaning of the building, constant masking of therapy staff and screening of all clients. Some services are provided online to minimize risk.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Tracy at [email protected] or use the Apply Now button below to submit your resume.