To the Stars Wellness Centre is seeking a Registered Psychologist or Masters level Social Worker with clinical counselling to join our multi-disciplinary team. Our clients come from different walks of life and have a variety of life experiences and so do we. We support true inclusion and welcome diversity on our team. We want to create a job that you will love, where you feel supported, have some fun and where you know that you are making a difference. We allow flexibility in schedules to ensure we all enjoy a balance between our work and home life.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience providing counselling services to children, youth, and families. The right candidate is professional, enthusiastic, confident and passionate. This person must be well organized, have excellent interpersonal skills and have experience working with children, youth, and families with differing abilities. Experience and training in working with children and youth regarding mental health, trauma, attachment, and healthy relationships. Other desired experience includes EMDR training, teen counselling and family counselling.
To the Stars Wellness Centre is a progressive, growing clinic located in Central Alberta. We have been in business for over 16 years and have a strong reputation for excellence in practice.
We provide psychology and occupational therapy services to children, youth and families through clinic, home, and community-based programming. Our wellness programs for children and youth incorporate regulation, social skills, and mental health support in a fun and creative way. Our family coaching programs allow for meaningful connections with families that create lasting change. We support a diverse and culturally sensitive practice using attachment based theory and trauma integrated approaches.
This position would offer:
- A strong and experienced team to collaborate with
- Competitive wages.
- Administrative support that contributes to the flexibility and independence of our therapists
- A strong working relationship with other private and publicly funded programs in our area
- The opportunity to take your practice to the next level by facilitating groups and offering workshops.
- Assessment, treatment, and consultation at our clinic and in family homes with children, youth, and families
- Provision of psychology services through FSCD as part of a collaborative team
- Counselling and treatment using art, games, play and baking
- Travel to homes within Central Alberta
- Planning and facilitation of inclusive children’s wellness programs
- Documentation and maintenance of client care records
- Fully Registered Psychologist or Provisional Registered Psychologist in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologist or a Masters Level in Social Work with clinical counselling registered and in good standing with the Alberta College of Social Workers
- Willing to see at least 20-25 clients per week. Options are available for work for some evenings.
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Child, youth, and family counselling experience (minimum 3 years)
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of expression and their CV to Tracy Kuhn at [email protected]