To the Stars Wellness Centre is seeking a Registered Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience providing counselling services to children, youth, and families. The right candidate is able to be professional yet still enthusiastic, confident and passionate. This person must be well organized, have excellent interpersonal skills and have experience working with children, youth, and families with differing abilities. Experience and training in working with children and youth regarding mental health, trauma, attachment, and healthy relationships. Other desired experience includes EMDR training, teen counselling and family counselling.
To the Stars Wellness Centre is a progressive, growing clinic located in Central Alberta. We have been in business for over 16 years and have a strong reputation for excellence in practice.
We provide psychology, speech language therapy and occupational therapy services to children, youth and families through clinic, home, and communityl-based programming. Our wellness programs for children and youth incorporate regulation, social skills, and mental health support in a fun and creative way. Our family coaching programs allow for meaningful connections with families that create lasting change.
This position would offer:
- A strong and experienced team to collaborate with
- Psychologist wages are offered at a competitive rate.
- Administrative support that contributes to the flexibility and independence of our therapists
- A strong working relationship with other private and publicly funded programs in our area
- The opportunity to take your practice to the next level by facilitating groups and offering workshops.
- Assessment, treatment, and consultation at our clinic and in family homes with children, youth, and families
- Provision of psychology services through FSCD as part of a collaborative team
- Travel to homes within Central Alberta
- Planning and facilitation of inclusive children’s wellness programs
- Documentation and maintenance of client care records
- Fully Registered Psychologist or Provisional Registered Psychologist in good standing with the College of Alberta
- Psychologist should be willing to see at least 20-25 clients per week and work at least one evening a week
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Child, youth, and family counselling experience (minimum 3 years)
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of expression and their CV to Kari Lotzien at [email protected] or use the Apply Now button below to submit your resume.