KINDERGARTEN – GRADE 6
It is essential that educators, assistants, therapists and caregivers understand how trauma impacts brain development and the corresponding outcomes on behavior, learning and social relationships. Participants will:
- Explore the prevalence and the types of trauma in our communities.
- Learn how we can create supportive school cultures that meet the unique needs of our staff and students.
- Understand how trauma can affect both staff and students physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Learn preventative strategies to build resilience.
- Learn strategies to support students and staff who have experienced traumatic situations.
“Kari is a mass of compassionate, caring knowledge. I love her approach and attitude.”
– Youth Home school support staff
“Kari’s sessions are so practical. Love your enthusiasm and sense of humour. I love that you had an excellent level of knowledge and were able to answer questions well.”
– Grade 2 teacher